Pittsburgh, PA - Corporate Headquarters
The ideal candidate will assemble electronic components from drawings, schematics, specification sheets, and manuals. The position requires the manual dexterity to assemble small devices that are in the prototyping and development stage. Other duties include repair or replacement of defective components, apply insulation, and connect wirings. Some testing on electrical fixtures may be required. Bobbin and toroid winding experience is preferred.
Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology, Industrial Automation Technology, or a similar discipline.
Mentor, OH - Spang Power Electronics
Senior Applications Engineer
The ideal candidate must have 5+ years of experience in the design and/or quotation of power electronics systems products. The Applications Engineer will define industry focused technical solutions to customers through sales and marketing while serving as the liaison with engineering. We are seeking someone who possesses good communication, analytical, and power controls technical experience.
- Understanding / communicating Spang product technology.
- Determining customer expectations for technology, price, delivery and performance.
- Using industry process knowledge and product application expertise to recommend solutions to customers - thereby meeting their power conversion and control requirements.
- Generating specifications for major system and product quotations and completing quotes.
- Helping to identify new product or market opportunities for the application of Spang technology and application expertise.
- Providing technical support to customers, sales, and marketing.
- Writing technical papers in support of the sales and marketing plan.
- Using and developing application / pricing tools to improve productivity and support corporate profitability goals.
BS in Electrical Engineering is required. A BS in Metallurgy with experience in selling products for industrial applications is also acceptable. MBA is a plus. The ability to travel domestically and internationally (20-25%) is necessary.
Spang Power Electronics offers a comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance available.
Sandy Lake, PA
Sorry, there are currently no career opportunities available for this location.
Technical Support Analyst - Haicang, China Location
Spang & Company, a mid-sized manufacturer with global operations, seeks a Technical Support Analyst to support the operation of global voice and data networks. The position maintains Information Technology equipment by planning, organizing and controlling the work activities. Assist computer users by solving problems. Provide hardware and software support for PC users, and collaborate with Network Engineers on incidents involving user visibility.
- Define user information requirements by conferring with users and studying user functions.
- Solve user information requirements by developing information procedures.
- Support client server platforms.
- Development and implementation of data center policies and procedures.
- Assist in all phases of LAN and WAN implementation and maintenance.
- Install and upgrade PC software
- Administrative duties regarding PC's and all peripheral equipment.
- Review PC requisitions.
- Receive new PC's and inventory appropriate hardware and software.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Sciences, or Information Technology, or similar discipline. Mandarin Chinese and strong English language skills are required. Experience in a technical position with responsibilities for support of Windows workstations, basic office software applications, voice and data networks is preferred. Occasional travel to office and plant locations.