The Network Engineer proactively seeks to identify opportunities to improve the overall health of the enterprise network. The Network Engineer’s effort is divided among project-based work, escalated end user issues and routine maintenance tasks.
As a Network Engineer at Spang & Company, you will have the opportunity to work with a number of high-end enterprise technologies in an environment small enough where bureaucracy will not hamper your ability to grow your knowledge and deepen your exposure. You will also be an integral part of a dedicated, talented, supportive and friendly team. If you have experience in the following areas, we would love to hear from you.
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Windows Server administration and maintenance
- Active Directory
- Security Groups
- Group Policy Creation/Management
- Migrations and Upgrades
- Microsoft messaging and collaboration suite (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business Skype for Business)
- Scripting (PowerShell/VBScript/Batch)
- Basic internet protocols and network services
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation
- LAN/WAN design and administration
- Cisco routing, switching and telephony platforms
- Microsoft System Center suite
- VMWare and Hyper-V management and administration
Other qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Sciences, or Information Technology, or similar discipline. Microsoft certifications are strongly preferred. Must have experience in a technical position with responsibilities for support of Windows workstations, basic office software applications, voice and data networks. 5+ years’ experience as a network administrator in a multi-site Active Directory environment is preferred.