The ideal candidate must have 5+ years of experience in the design and/or quotation of power electronics systems products. The Applications Engineer will define industry focused technical solutions to customers through sales and marketing while serving as the liaison with engineering. We are seeking someone who possesses good communication, analytical, and power controls technical experience.
- Understanding / communicating Spang product technology.
- Determining customer expectations for technology, price, delivery and performance.
- Using industry process knowledge and product application expertise to recommend solutions to customers - thereby meeting their power conversion and control requirements.
- Generating specifications for major system and product quotations and completing quotes.
- Helping to identify new product or market opportunities for the application of Spang technology and application expertise.
- Providing technical support to customers, sales, and marketing.
- Writing technical papers in support of the sales and marketing plan.
- Using and developing application / pricing tools to improve productivity and support corporate profitability goals.
BS in Electrical Engineering is required. A BS in Metallurgy with experience in selling products for industrial applications is also acceptable. MBA is a plus. The ability to travel domestically and internationally (20-25%) is necessary.
Spang Power Electronics offers a comprehensive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance available.